Safety should be made a fundamental right of every woman. Women are being constantly subject to harassment, rapes, molestation, and other heinous crimes. From traveling in cabs to posting pictures online, no place is left safe for women. People keep telling one another to respect women and create a better and safer environment for them but we, women are not weak to rely on them and wait for them to make a secure surrounding for us.
Let’s stand up and make a secure and safe environment for our self. Let’s stop depending on others to make us feel safe and start working on personal safety for our self, by our self and to our self.
These are 7 personal safety tips that each woman should know to keep herself safe.
- Learn the art of defense: Let’s start taking classes on any specific form of Martial Arts. Register yourself in one of the Karate or Boxing class and bring out the devil inside you out and kick the shit out of the ones who mess with you.
- Speak up: Most the women try to ignore the cat calls and other disrespectful acts. Do NOT STAY QUITE! Speak up and yell back at them. Do not give them any chances to bring you down and more importantly do not make yourself feel weak. But if the situation is out of your control then there is always 100 to call for help.
- Understand the situation and surroundings: You need to stay alert and know what is going on around yourself. If you feel someone is following you or something is not right, then go to the place where there are more people. You will feel more safe and calm when you are surrounded by many people.
- Make Speed Dial your Helpline: Make sure you keep all the important contacts in your speed dial. Most importantly, the ones who can come immediately to help you out in any given situation.
- Download Personal Safety applications: I’m going to list down some useful and safety applications that are life saver which can be downloaded absolutely free.
- Suspects Registry
- Raksha- Women Safety Alert
- Women Safety Secured
- Smart 24X7
- Women Safety Totem SOS help
- Keep defense products handy: Buy a pepper or chilly spray and keep it where you can easily grab it whenever needed. You never know when you will be needing this spray so just make sure to keep it in your pocket or jacket for quick accessibility. You can easily buy it from here.
- Walk and Act Confidently: As the saying goes, “Most of the men fear women with confidence” so don’t forget this. Walk with pride and act confidently to shush away the creeps.
“WISHING WON’T KEEP YOU SAFE, PERSONAL SAFETY WILL”